Many people neglect to check their online accounts on the NBI official website for a long time. Especially if they have acquired the NBI clearance document.
However, the NBI clearance document is only valid for a year. So, when it expires, you will have a reason to sign in to your NBI online account. That’s where the real trouble starts.
This article will explain how to retrieve or recover your old NBI online account in an easy-to-understand manner.
Table of Contents
Reasons You May Want To Recover Your Old NBI Online Account
These are some of the most common reasons that have people searching for how to retrieve their old NBI online accounts. You likely fall into any of these categories.
- You are seeking to renew your NBI clearance document and are required to enter your account.
- You want to make changes to some of your data such as a married woman changing her surname.
- You are looking to get a new NBI clearance document and would like to use your existing NBI online account.
- You are trying to get into your account for travel-related purposes etc.
Whatever the situation may be, all hope is not lost. There is still a chance that you can recover your old NBI account.
How To Recover Your Old NBI Online Account
If you visit the NBI’s official website to sign in to your online account, there are two case scenarios in which you would not be able to access it.
This article will explain what scenarios these are and how to get out of them so that you can get your NBI online account.
You will not be able to access your old NBI account if:
- You have forgotten the password
- You have lost the email address linked to your account.
What To Do If You Forgot The Password To Your NBI Online Account
If you are unable to log in to your NBI account because of an invalid password, all you have to do is:
- Click on the “forgot password” button displayed on your screen.
- Fill in the registered email address for your old NBI account when prompted.
- You will receive a new temporary password to log in to your account at that time.
- Then you will see prompts to change your password once you have successfully signed in. This time make sure to copy out your password and store it somewhere safe and accessible.
That’s all it takes in this scenario to retrieve your old account.
Note that if the email address you entered is not linked to any NBI account, it will show that the email address is invalid – that is not present in their database.
What To Do If You Have Lost The Email Linked To Your Old NBI Online Account
It happens quite often for people to lose the email address that is registered with their NBI account. Especially if you have taken your mind off it for a long time, changed devices, or anything of that sort.
If you have lost the registered email there is no way to retrieve your old NBI account. All you can do is create a new online account for whatever purpose you were trying to retrieve your NBI account.
There is no provision by the NBI on lost email NBI account recovery at the moment. Don’t worry about having two NBI accounts as the NBI’s website interface is designed to take on a large workload so it is okay to create a new NBI account.
Tips On The Recovery Of Your Old NBI Online Account
- If you retrieve your NBI account successfully, you should be meticulous about it this time around. Keep safe all the necessary sign-in documents where you can easily reach them.
- Do not panic if you are unable to retrieve your account. As stated earlier, it doesn’t stop you from achieving your reason for logging in.
The process of retrieving or recovering your Old NBI online account is a simple one. Just remember that you can always create a new NBI account if the recovery process of recovering the old account fails.
Did you learn something meaningful from this article? Let me know in the comment section. I would like to hear how your NBI account recovery goes as well.