The period between when you complete your NBI Clearance application and the day you claim the form matters a great deal. You may be in a hurry to use the document for traveling purposes or errands that demand tight schedules. Thus, the shorter the time frame, the more convenient it is for you. So, how long does it take to get the NBI Clearance?
If you are a Filipino citizen, you can get the NBI clearance within 24 Hours of applying while in the country. This is unless you attain HIT status where you will need to wait for another eight days for the quality control interview. On the other hand, foreign applicants will have to wait 10-15 days before having the NBI clearance in their hands.
Let’s break this down for you to understand it better.
The quickest way to get NBI Clearance as a Filipino
NBI rolled out Online Registration to replace the traditional manual method of queuing along the counters to confirm your bio and payment. You can now log into the agency’s official website using your email address, register for an applicant account, and schedule your appointment date at the comfort of your couch. The process allows you to claim your form on the appointment date.
Here is how to navigate curves
The NBI Online Clearance does not take more than 5 minutes. All you need is to look out for a clearance branch that has an open date that falls on the same day you are applying for the form online. Here is a simple procedure on how to do it:
- Visit the NBI Clearance Official Website.
- Sign in to your NBI account using the pre-confirmed email address and password.
- Fill in all the information as required in the online Application form.
- On the “Schedule Your Appointment page,” use the drop-down arrow to choose the most preferred Clearance branch (the nearest branch). Then, on the “assign date” menu, check whether the branch has an open date that falls on the same day you are making the application. If not, check with the next branch. Finally, choose the time (AM or PM). The distance between your place of residence and the branch should guide you here.
- Choose your most preferred payment method. Confirm the reference code then click “ACCEPT.” Remember, you need to confirm the reference code at the stores of the payment method of your choice. 7-eleven and Bank transfers are ideal for those with tight schedules.
- Review, save, and finally print the form.
Once you are done, visit the Clearance Office on the scheduled date. You will have your bio confirmed and the form given to you as soon as the process is completed.
N/B: Not everyone can access the online page and successfully apply for NBI clearance. NBI has segmented sections in their counters where “walking in” applicants line for manual registration and confirmation of their biometrics. In case you are held up with no open date in your scheduler, you can opt for that option. However, NBI discourages applicants from walking in without appointments.
Under HIT status
No shortcut. Under Hit Status, you must wait for eight days for your quality control interview to mature. During this period, NBI specialists rummage through various criminal records to assess whether your name is linked to any existing criminal cases.
Upon passing the interview, you will have your NBI clearance form without paying a dime, on the same day.
Foreigners also apply for their NBI Clearance Online. The only difference is that they can only claim their forms from the NBI Main Office and not any branch. There are normally many foreign applicants scheduling their appointments in one office. For this reason, the NBI puts a waiting period of between 10-15 days to avoid backlogs.
Our article has provided you with all the basics that you need to know about the duration needed to get your NBI clearance. As seen, the process is quick and short. Put aside one day, and you will have your NBI at hand.
We have an entire article dedicated to ‘how to apply for NBI Clearance in 2020’. Check it out as we have detailed everything clearly. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section in case you don’t get anything. Cheers!